At the very end of 2015 we made a strategic decision to support 3 platforms for filling out GoCanvas apps. Android, iOS and the Windows operating system. We decided to NOT support Windows Phone and Blackberry any longer. Our goal with these 3 platforms is very simple: To 100% support them. This means that all GoCanvas features (Unless not applicable) would be available across them and the design of the interface would be simple and easy to use.
We are now happy to announce that our GoCanvas Windows App is now available!
You can install this version of GoCanvas on any laptop/desktop/tablet that is running Windows 7, 8 or 10. For those of you that have been using the GoCanvas Desktop Client, this will be a massive improvement for you. There are tons of new features availabe on this version that were previously only available on iOS or Android. Here they are!
- Table of Contents
- Grid view for loop screens
- Viewing and editing past submissions (History tab above)
- Receive dispatched Loop items
- Draw on an image you captured or pulled from your gallery
- View PDF after sync
- Web link field
- GPS field
- Sync after tapping submit
- Blank date and time fields
Now your team members that have Windows laptops/desktops/tablets can use GoCanvas just like your Android and iOS users and get the same experience. This opens up a world of additional opportunity for your organization to save even more time using GoCanvas.
- Complete submissions on Android or iOS and edit them later with the Windows App.
- Better incorporate your office-based team members into your GoCanvas processes.
- Office-based team members can consider GoCanvas for their processes now. Human Resources forms, approval forms, request forms and more can all be filled out with the Windows App.
- Mobile users that have laptops or Surface tablets (We do NOT run on Windows RT, which is used by older Surface tablets) can now use those devices instead.
To learn more please read our Help topics:
- Differences between new GoCanvas Windows App and the old GoCanvas Desktop Client
- Functionality not available on the new GoCanvas Windows App
Please let us know what you think! Any and all feedback is welcome by entering your comments below or by emailing us at email@example.com.