By katie simpson on January 11, 2014
Tags: Data Collection
During your week were you too busy to read the news? It happens to all of us sometimes. That’s why we’re starting a new news roundup, specifically focused on mobile tech. Our highlights this week include:
1. T-Mobile Will Pay You to Switch, Cnn Money. T-mobile has been making tons of waves this week. Whether they are bribing customers or levelling the playing field, this is another move to hand consumers more power over their mobile providers.
2. Windows Phone 8.0 is Upgradeable to 8.1, CIO. Last year, Windows 7 users were outraged when they couldn’t upgrade to Windows 8. With Windows 8 and 8.1, Microsoft isn’t making the same mistake.
3. Samsung: Knox Security Gap Not Specific to Galaxy Devices, Wall Street Journal. The high end Knox security system doesn’t make phones impenetrable. And this weakness extends beyond Samsung, but to the larger Google platform.
The iPhone 5c is coming to China (source)
4. iPhone Coming to China, Forbes. 2013 was a tough year for Apple in China. As the iPhone enters the Chinese market, it looks like things are turning up.
5. Blackberry Appoints New Head of Mobile, Times of India. As Blackberry falters, they hired Ron Louks to help turn their business back around.
What were you reading this week? Leave us a comment and let us know!