We have added some neat new features that I’m sure many of you will enjoy. As we strive to make your GoCanvas experience better with each release we always listen to you, our customers when it comes to adding new functionality and this release is full of customer requests!
- First, we have added the ability for you to place an app into a status of “Testing” to enable Admins and Designers on your account to test out any new edits you have made to your app before publishing to all users. Click here for info on setting up an app for testing.
- We have heard this request a lot and now we’ve got it for you….. Creating a copy of an app without having to create a template first. A few clicks and you will have a shiny new copy of any of your apps, the first click is here to learn more!
- Have you ever made edits to your app, updated the header information or changed the font size and wondered “What the heck is this going to look like”? Well, now you can generate a blank copy of your app’s PDF to get an idea of how it will look. Click here to check it out.
- We know as companies grow so do their reference data needs. We have now added the ability for you to partition your large reference data files to allow easier access to the data by your users by placing them into groups. Click here to learn more.
We have a few additions to our iOS and Desktop clients (version 188.8.131.52) to help out with productivity.
- First, we have added a Submission Preview so that you can review all data entered before completing your submission. To enable the Preview feature on your iOS device click the menu button in the top right corner of the GoCanvas client, Click “Settings” and you will see the option for Submission Preview (which is disabled by default).
On the Desktop client Click “Settings” and you will see the option for Submission Preview.
Once you have enabled the Submission Preview the next app you complete you will see the preview right before the Email Recipient list. This helps a lot with longer apps so that you don’t need to scroll back through all of the screens to make sure you have completed the app correctly.
- The other new addition to the iOS client is the Type Ahead Search functionality for Value Lists. If you have a Value List with 10 or more values you will now see a search field where you can type in the value to locate rather than scrolling through everything in your list.
*Note – the two features above will soon be available on other GoCanvas clients.
If you have any issues or need assistance setting up this or any of our features please don't hesitate to contact us.