Saving More Than Just Energy
GoCanvas Apps Used
- Construction Install Inspection
- Technical Monitoring Form
- Summary Report
- 20+ More
- 1,105 Hours in productivity saved annually
- $7,098 Saved in paper costs per year
- $139,828 yearly return on investment
Case Study Background
Llewellyn Smith, founded in 2002 and based in England, has provided on-site technical monitoring on energy efficiency measures in households throughout the UK for almost 15 years. With their dedication to sustainability and productivity, they began looking for a way to solve issues they were running into caused by paper.
Prior to finding GoCanvas, all of their day to day data collection was being done on paper. Everything from home inspections, site surveys, technical monitoring reports, and even health & safety inspections were all done with pen and paper. This was causing issues not only with the field technicians who were wasting countless hours manually filling out these paper-based forms, but also frustrating the office personnel who would have to wait hours(if not days) to receive the final paperwork and re-enter the data into their databases. Llewellyn Smith needed a complete solution that would make the lives of both their office and field crews streamlined and more productive on a daily basis.
Three years ago Llewellyn Smith went live with GoCanvas in order to fully automate and streamline their data collection processes. Llewellyn Smith chose GoCanvas, the global leader in mobile apps for businesses, because of the flexibility of the platform and its quick deployment structure. The GoCanvas platform has helped thousands of businesses replace cumbersome paper forms with easy to use mobile processes that greatly improve productivity.
“Canvas has been a godsend to our business, making it possible to get instant results to our clients“, remarked Dafydd Jones, IT manager at Llewellyn Smith.
Even though Llewellyn Smith was located in the United Kingdom, GoCanvas worked with Dafydd and his team’s schedule to develop an implementation plan to guarantee success no matter the time zone. The goal was to deploy the GoCanvas platform across both the IT and Safety departments in order to upgrade the outdated paper processes within these key areas of operation. Challenges included the slow collection times of invoices, the inability to quickly track/search customer documents, and the inability to generate reports in real-time.
In order to address these challenges, GoCanvas went about creating a platform of mobile forms that encompassed Llewellyn Smith’s current data collection processes of surveys, inspections, checklists, and audits into one single database.
Llewellyn Smith has seen a complete transformation in the way they collected, share, and analyze data. Not only does the office receive and analyze reports as soon as the field techs complete them, but they now have a searchable cloud database for all their documents. This new streamlined way of collecting, sharing, and storing data is saving them close to 3+ hours per day. They are now able to reinvest that time into scheduling more appointments that make them more money.
Since implementing GoCanvas 3 years ago, Llewellyn Smith has seen massive benefits across their entire organization.
- Real-time Data – Today, Llewellyn Smith captures almost 400+ paperless reports weekly with GoCanvas. Every report is automatically filed in their online cloud database, and a PDF copy is sent to each field technician’s assigned supervisor for review. This has reduced the total number of hours spent on travel, manual data re-entry, and reporting by over 1,000+ hours yearly.
- Increasing Productivity – With over 60+ mobile forms created in their lifetime with GoCanvas, Llewellyn Smith has definitely recognized the benefits of going paperless. Since going paperless over 3 years ago, Llewellyn Smith has seen a 50%+ increase in productivity and a net savings of over $400,000.