Many small to medium-sized businesses have faced uncertainty during the pandemic. Nearly every industry struggled to some extent, from supply and labor shortages to low-quality data. However, with the help of in-depth analytics and data collection, SMBs can optimize their frontline operations and navigate through difficult times. The following guide will illustrate the value of high-quality frontline data and show how the right analytics tools can make the most of it.
Digitizing the Frontline Workforce Overcome Challenges with Digital Solutions
In the wake of the pandemic, businesses of all types continue to experience numerous challenges. It’s important for business leaders to be able to overcome them, which they can through the use of digital transformation technologies.
Some of the main disruptions affecting businesses today include:
- Supply chain disruptions — Generally, the pandemic has led to certain challenges for supply chains, forcing businesses to adapt and innovate with various solutions to get around this issue.
- Skilled labor shortage — Another problem that businesses are facing is a shortage of skilled frontline workers, which can further complicate supply chain disruptions. Companies need to find effective ways to attract new talent and offer a job experience that appeals to skilled workers.
- Resource constraints — Businesses are also suffering from certain restrictions when it comes to resources. They lack the digital solutions, initiatives, skill sets, and other elements to optimize efficiency.
- Competing priorities for budget — Conflicts of interest among leaders often lead to difficulty in prioritizing budgets for tech solutions that can improve business operations.
- Hyper-automation — Businesses have a hard time determining when it’s best to adopt a particular digital solution to facilitate automation. In some cases, they may refrain from adopting automation solutions entirely until they become mainstream.
- Everything as a service (XaaS) — Integrating multiple solutions and working with several service providers is often challenging. Keep in mind that it’s often better to consolidate your partnerships and focus on a single solution at a time.
Bad data — Bad data is one of the biggest disruptions that negatively affect businesses. Bad data could refer to inconsistent data, general inaccuracy, illegible data, or missing information. Low-quality data is such a serious issue that more and more businesses are making it a top priority to improve their data for the end users.
How to Approach Your Digital Transformation
Making informed decisions and innovating with digital solutions can help resolve the issues of bad data and other pitfalls your business may experience. However, you might not be entirely sure how to approach your digitization strategy. Here we’ll review some of the initial steps you can take to transform your business and operations with digitization.
1. Incorporate Digital Data into Your Business Function Strategy
Different teams frequently wind up in data silos that contribute to inconsistent and otherwise bad data. To prevent this, you must break down silos between each team with real-time work process data. All this data must also be easy to understand and analyze, which will help guide your strategies. Companies must use the right tools to allow successful data capture. The right solutions will be user-friendly and easy to use, enabling users of all skill levels to access and utilize them.
2. Save Time and Money with Click-to-Connect Data Solutions
Use a web-based click-to-connect data solution that’s easy to access and use. You won’t need to download any software while enhancing the customer experience. This will save more time and money while reducing liability.
3. Automate Business Workflows
If you can find a way to simplify certain manual processes using digital solutions, you should integrate them. Your teams should be able to dedicate more time and attention to critical tasks. Various automation tools can allow for hyper-automation, which will keep your staff from wasting time on mundane, tedious tasks. In turn, your business will be able to get work done faster to optimize operational efficiency.
4. Use No-Code Data for Business Processes
With the right BI solution, you can gain more transparency into your business operations with rich, valuable data. Using this data, you can more accurately identify risks and determine how to address them. This will help ensure that you’re consistently proactive as opposed to reactive in the functionality of your operations. You’ll also be able to improve your customer service with insights into customer behavior and other characteristics of end users. Taking all of these steps can go a long way in alleviating the pain points that might otherwise hold your business back. An effective digitization strategy will make it easier for your organization to transition into a new company culture and customer experience. You’ll also gain more knowledge of the options available and bring everyone on board as you eliminate negative perceptions of new tech solutions. Additionally, you can prioritize your budget to invest in the tools your business truly needs. In turn, this lowers overhead and operating costs while empowering frontline staff to make quicker wiser decisions.
Utilize Frontline Data Collection with GoCanvas Analytics
Your business needs powerful analytics solutions to eliminate bad data and enable success. One of the most reliable tools available is GoCanvas Analytics.
With the help of this particular solution, you can get everything you need on a single, easy-to-use platform. GoCanvas Analytics features plenty of capabilities to help you unlock frontline data, including the ability to:
- Collect, compile, and report all data
- Issue instant notifications in the form of alerts
- Automate report generation
- Analyze data at a granular level to help discover actionable insights
GoCanvas Analytics also includes a number of features to help realize the full benefits of high-quality data. These features include:
- Reporting by location
- Shareable PDF reports
- Embedded photos
- Push notifications
- Dashboard widgets
- Filtering by categories and type
Integrating this tool into your operations will optimize your business’s data collection and analysis efforts. You’ll see improved performance, reduced failure rates, saved time, and reduced costs. You can make data-driven decisions that fuel your company’s long-term success and successfully overcome the many challenges you may face.
Implement Digital Tools to Your Business with GoCanvas
A solid digitization strategy will give your business the chance to flourish in many ways. The key is knowing which steps to take and which tools to implement based on your business’s unique requirements. By integrating tools like GoCanvas Analytics, you’ll gear your business for a successful digital transformation. This will enable real growth as your company benefits from improved performance and increased adaptability. If you would like to learn more about how GoCanvas can help you with your digitization strategy, connect to an expert today.