When it comes to your business, productivity is key. A QR and barcode scanning option can make life a lot easier for you and your employees by streamlining work orders, tracking inventory, and much more.
How Business’ Have Utilized GoCanvas’ Scanning Technology
Our scanning technology has been a popular feature for many types of industries such as the construction industry, the service industry, the petroleum industry, the transportation sector, and the energy sector. Here’s how some our customers have utilized QR and barcode scanning to fulfill their business’ needs:
- Work Orders
- Daily-Weekly Reports
The Benefits of QR and Barcode Scanning for Business Productivity
GoCanvas offers, for FREE, the ability to add Barcode & QR code scanning to any of your GoCanvas mobile forms. Retail, warehousing, field services, manufacturing and other businesses reap productivity benefits in using QR and barcode scanning including:
- Error Reduction: Scanning data is much more accurate than having users manually enter data.
- Time Savings: Scanning dramatically reduces the time your employees spend gathering information, especially when doing inventory.
- Elimination of Paper: GoCanvas mobile forms store all of your data in the cloud, eliminating the need for paper records.
- Improved Customer Service: By speeding up work order and inventory processes, you can improve your customer service.
How to Set Up Scanning Functionality to Your GoCanvas Forms
Here are the steps to add QR and barcode scanning functionality to your GoCanvas forms.
- Log on to the GoCanvas website and open the forma you wish to use.
- Add a QR/Barcode field to the screen within the form where you would like to use this feature.
- Name the QR/Barcode field whatever you like, “Scan Barcode,”; and press the “Enter” key.
- Make sure to press “publish to device” to make your changes live on your smartphone or iOS device.
The good news? Your mobile device already has a built-in barcode and QR code scanner/QR and barcode reader, which is (the camera app) so, you don’t need to download any software.
Start Using Your Custom QR Code & Barcode On Mobile Devices
Once the desired form has the QR and barcode field(s) added, you are ready to move on to your smartphone or tablet and start using this functionality.
On your device, you will launch and log in to the GoCanvas client as usual and then launch the form you just added the QR or barcode field to. You will now see the text “Capture Barcode” below the barcode field.
Click the “Capture Barcode” button
- You will now see a green square in the center of the screen.
- Line up the product’s barcode or QR code within the square to capture.
- The square will turn green or red (depending on the device) and the code will be captured like taking a picture. You don’t have to do anything more than line up the code within the box and wait for it to capture.
- Once the code has been captured you will see the screen go back to your GoCanvas form and the Barcode field will be populated with the code.
You can supercharge your application by having your code pull up a product catalog, price, patient record, location history, or anything at all. Learn more about this feature and info on using QR or Barcode scanning with Reference Data.
Integrate GoCanvas’ QR and Barcode Scanner Functionality to Your Digital Solutions Today
Scan QR codes and barcodes in real-time and save the hassle of manually inputting information. The GoCanvas QR and barcode scanner functionality integrates with your existing mobile forms and applications to make data collection faster and more accurate. You can also use our code scanner for all types of QR and barcode formats for inventory management, asset tracking, timekeeping, customer check-in, and more! GoCanvas forms are available on iPhones and Android phones and our solution can be found in Google Play, Amazon, and Apple app stores. Learn more about setting up your own QR codes and barcode functionality today.
If you have any issues or need assistance setting up this or any of our features please don’t hesitate to contact us.